Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Trout Mask Replica

Rolling Stone Rank: 58

Crazy, Crazy album. If you like Zappa, then you'll love this stuff. The music is impeccably performed, something which might be hard to understand for non-musicians. I read that the vocals were mostly recorded separately from the instrumental parts, and that The Captain could only faintly hear the backing, what comes from that is this detached style. Very avant-garde, and I loved it. This is definitely one of those albums that you either love or hate, though. I don't think I could convince somebody to listen to this, so take it or leave it. I'll take it, thanks

Another thought before I hit the hay. One more week left in school, and we start way earlier next year. Somewhere around August 20th or so. So basically what that leaves me with is a pretty damn short summer, and that sucks. That's all, just a little bummed about that, plus worked sucked today.

Hey have a great night.

Stats
Album: Trout Mask Replica
Artist: Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band
Year: 1969
My Favorite Song: Frownland (yeah I know it's the first song, but I love the lyrics)
Next Up: Some guys named the Beatles...

No comments: