Saturday, June 6, 2009

Electric Ladyland

Rolling Stone Rank: 54

Just kidding, one more album.

Listened to this on the way to my brother's graduation ceremony. The younger one. I must say, high school graduations are not as exciting as they were when I was in high school. I mean, even the first brother's graduation was better. I also didn't appreciate driving an hour into Hoffman Estates just to see it. Gotta hand it to LF, they have some weird stuff going on, but at least the graduation is on the lawn.

OK, well back to the album. Great stuff, Jimi experimented a lot throughout the album. This third one is where Jimi stretches out all the studio techniques, and guitar experimentation. Some crazy shit going one, some of it great, some of it crazy, but that's how it goes with albums, right? In the grand scheme of things, we don't remember all the experimentation. All we know are the songs they play on the oldies stations, all anybody cares about are the singles.

And I guess that's why I'm enjoying this, hearing the songs that history won't remember.


Stats
Album: Electric Ladyland
Artist: Jimi Hendrix
Year: 1968
My Favorite Song: Voodoo Child
Next Up: More Elvis...

No comments: