Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back to Mono

Rolling Stone Rank: 64

Great stuff, but probably a bit longer than it needed to be. I mean, I guess Phil was proud of his work, but I didn't need to hear three full disks of it.

The wall of sound was an unbelievably innovative idea, and there's no jury of his peers that can take that away from Mr. Spector. So take a listen to some of these tunes (although to be honest, once you've heard one, you get the general idea) and let me know what you think about his breakthrough in sound editing.

And yeah, this is a compilation, but since it's a showcase of a producer's work I think it's ok to include in this list. It was a rough night tonight, so I'm just gonna get on to bed.

Stats
Album: Back to Mono
Artist: Various Artists
Year: 1991
My Favorite Song: You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Next Up: Moondance

No comments: