Thursday, June 18, 2009

Moondance

Rolling Stone Rank: 65

Loved the album. So consistent with his sound, yet completely different from the first Morrison entry to the RS list. A lot more fun and "pop"y than Astral, I think he got more of his Irish heritage infused into this one.

Also, I had no idea that Into the Mystic was a Morrison song. I fell in love with that song on the "Once" soundtrack, check out the youtube after the post, tell me which version you like better.

As you might expect, I'm not in the best of moods due to today's baseball game. But, another one of the goals I had this summer was to not let sports affect me as much as they did before. Actually, I had a really good talk with Matt about that a few weeks ago. Hey, maybe that's why I shaved my head =)




Stats
Album: Moondance
Artist: Van Morrison
Year: 1970
My Favorite Song: Into the Mystic
Next Up: Zep

No comments: