Monday, June 8, 2009

Songs in the Key of Life

Rolling Stone Rank: 56

Great double album, Stevie's songwriting is fantastic. It brings to mind some of the stuff I've been reading about music and the brain. I mean, there's evidence that shows that blind people have heightened aural skills. But, does it make them better musicians? Not sure, you have any thoughts?

The other thought I have on this album is possibly the unfortunate use of synthesizers. It really dates the sound. And I think it's unfortunate that great music might get left behind because of its reliance on a old technology. I just can't picture kids today getting behind the sound. What do you think? Oh also, I had no idea that Gangster's Paradise was a rip-off from Wonder.

Stats
Album: Songs in the Key of Life
Artist: Stevie Wonder
Year: 1976
My Favorite Song: Isn't She Lovely?
Next Up: Rolling Stones

No comments: