Monday, June 15, 2009

Sticky Fingers

Rolling Stone Rank: 63

The Summer of Brian has begun, and it couldn't have started with a better day. School was great, I was a little worried because I didn't know my class list until...this morning. Anyway, the class seems great, lots of younger kids, which I like.

Came back here, read some. Yes that's right, from beginning to end. In that order. Oh, and I finally used the digital music stations that comcast has. Who knew, right? Well aparently that college I went to paid off, I recognized 2 out of the first three songs. So yah for classical music =)

OK, so on to Sticky Fingers. We've hit the mid-stretch of the list here, now on the 3rd Rolling Stones album. As a whole, it's not that cohesive of an album, but it's got some strong singles. And sadly the best ones might be the country twang ones. Goo.

It still had that good old rock and roll, like Brown Sugar, although don't think too much about those lyrics...

btw, that book thing was a Seinfeld quote, in case you didn't catch that...

Stats
Album: Sticky Fingers
Artist: The Rolling Stones
Year: 1971
My Favorite Song: Dead Flowers
Next Up: Phil Spector? OK

No comments: