Friday, July 3, 2009

Purple Rain

Rolling Stone Rank: 72

Another one of those nights last night. Nights when you just want to scream, only you can't. You feel so uncomfortable, but everyone else is enjoying life. It always leaves me thinking, why did I put myself in that situation? But in the end, I realized its best to go through these stages in life. Because if I don't, then it'll never be ok. Anyway, the silver lining is that I didn't self-medicate so to speak. And the night ended up being pretty ok. all right, on to Prince

I think Prince is one of the more polarizing artists in the last thirty years. There's not a lot of middle ground on him. Personally, I think he's an incredibly talented writer. But, I have trouble getting past his stage persona. I wonder if women actually find him attractive, he was on the Tonight Show the last week before Leno left, I didn't recognize the song but it was really good. Only he was wearing this ridiculous shirt, and he's all manscaped and shit. ugh.

Anyway, Purple Rain is a great soundtrack, not sure I love the movie all that much. What do you think?

Stats
Album: Purple Rain
Artist: Prince
Year: 1984
My Favorite Song: When Doves Cry
Next Up: AC/DC

No comments: