Thursday, July 30, 2009

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Rolling Stone Rank: 91

A fun double album that has something for everybody. If you want some grand-electric sounds, check out Funeral for a Friend. More of a classic Elton fan, then Bennie and the Jets and Candle in the Wind are right up your alley. Feeling more like some honkytonk rawk, then Saturday Nights' Alright for Fighting will get you going.

A great double album that covers all the musical bases in John's repertoire. In the RS article, they quote John comparing this album to the Beatles' White. Not sure I'd go that far, but I did enjoy it. If I had one complaint, it's Jamaica Jerk-Off. Just didn't like it, didn't sound authentic at all. Side Note: It's my 100th post. Yah

Stats
Album: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Artist: Elton John
Year: 1973
My Favorite Song: Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
Next Up: Buddy Holly

No comments: