Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Born in the U.S.A.

Rolling Stone Rank: 85

Well, I'll say this. It was fun to run to, apart from that it all just sounds like the same song to me. And by that I mean the music doesn't vary too much throughout the album. Now, that being said, there are obviously many different songs, but this is due to Bruce's great lyrical writing ability. Not so much the E-Street Band's ability to find new and different sounding grooves. So there it is, I'm not the biggest Boss fan. And yes, I know that part of the greatness of Bruce is the social and political change he was calling for. Singing for the common man. I wasn't born when this came out, so I can't quite relate. Interesting fact, the title song was an anti-war song, that nobody seemed to notice. Any time I hear the song, I can't help but think of that scene in Canadian Bacon. Just classic...
Please to enjoy:


Stats

Album: Born in the U.S.A.

Artist: Bruce Springsteen
Year: 1984
My Favorite Song: Dancing in the Dark
Next Up: Let It Be

No comments: