Sunday, July 19, 2009

Odessey and Oracle

Rolling Stone Rank: 80

Well, it certainly has been awhile since I posted here. So, I'm sorry to all of my avid fans who can't wait to read my boring reviews of albums nobody listens to anymore.
So, yeah this past week I was in the big city. And just because I wasn't posting, doesn't mean I wasn't listening. So..here they come in rapid fire.

Odessey and Oracle was a beautiful album. I like the way RS defined the recording. Combining the sonic exploration of The Beatles, with the raw sound of The Stones. Also, I had no idea Time of the Season was by The Zombies. Not that I, or you really, would have ever heard of the Zombies. They broke up 2 weeks after they finished recording. I would recommend this album, take a listen I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Stats
Album: Odessey and Oracle
Artist: The Zombie
Year: 1969
My Favorite Song: Care of Cell 44
Next Up: Going to Graceland

No comments: