Sunday, July 26, 2009

Let It Be

Rolling Stone Rank: 86

This is Beatles fan Brian writing this post. It's hard not to. It's the music I grew up on. It's the music I put on when I'm feeling terrible, it's the music I put on when I'm feeling great. It's the music that I always leave on my ipod, even though I only have a nano and I have to change music daily to change the appropriate amount of music.
Even though the Beatles were fighting a ridiculous amount, they still made unbelievably great music. Let It Be, one of the better songs Paul has ever written, in my opinion brings together the entire crazy album.
You know what's weird? I've defended the Beatles twice this weekend to people who've started on their ramblings of hate. Where is the backlash coming from? And how can you make that argument at all? ugh, I dunno, anyway what are your thoughts on the album or on the band?

Stats
Album: Let It Be
Artist: The Beatles
Year: 1970
My Favorite Song: Two of Us
Next Up: The Wall

No comments: