Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Clash

Rolling Stone Rank: 77

It's always interesting to hear the first recording of band you thought you knew. I remember in high school when I first bought London Calling. I was so impressed by the range and depth of The Clash. I never even realized it wasn't their first album. Stupid, yes I know, but in my defense we hadn't quite hit Web 2.0 yet and I didn't trust that crazy wikipedia site yet. Back to topic, after listening to this album some time later I'm initially struck that it's not the band I know. But of course the band I know was two years later in their existence. I'm wondering if you out there have had similar experiences? The only other example I can think of is listening to Nirvana's Bleach for the first time. Thoughts?

Stats
Album: The Clash
Artist: The Clash
Year: 1977
My Favorite Song: White Riot
Next Up: Neil Young

No comments: