Saturday, May 30, 2009

Here's Little Richard

Rolling Stone Rank: 50

A wop bop alu bop, a wop bam boom!

That's about as far as I got feeling good about this album. Which actually has nothing to do with Little Richard, more about me. Isn't that one of the great things about music, it can really intensify anything you're feeling, even though you know better.

Example: I was listening to Can't Believe You Wanna Leave, and even though I know that Richard probably didn't feel as strongly as he sang, he sings with such fervor. Well, you can't help but be swept up in it.

Anyway I've been sitting here for awhile and I don't think I'm gonna write it. So, here's to 50. Yah

Stats
Album: Here's Little Richard
Artist: Little Richard
Year: 1957
My Favorite Song: Tutti Frutti
Next Up: Simon and Garfunkel

No comments: