Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Band

Rolling Stone Rank: 45

Hey everybody, hope that the weather is great wherever you are reading this. Because it's beautiful here. Anyway, I loved The Band's second entry in the top 500. Same hard rockin', country goodness, The Band defines their sound and moves farther and farther away from Bob Dylan's shadow. Interestingly, four-fifths of this band was from Canada, although you would never be able to guess it. Not that Canada can't produce good rockers, I guess Bryan Adams counts...

Next topic. What do you think about networks summer programming. Not specifically, but in general. Over the past few years, most networks have rolled out their crazy reality shows during these summer months. Then, because there's nothing else on, people watch and networks think think they made quality choices...and the cycle repeats.
You know what I'm talking about, the Bachlorette, America's got Talent, etc...
So, is it really better than re-runs of our favorite shows?

Not sure if I have an answer to that, ask me when the summer's over. I will tell you this, TV is a lot better it's a distraction from the other things in your life. When the tube is all you've got, good shows become meh and bad shows become almost depressing watch. Man, you know what I should do? I should, like, start listening to new album each few days, and then blog about it....
oh wait.

Take a Listen, Take Some Time, Post your thoughts

Stats
Album: The Band
Artist: The Band
Year: 1969
My Favorite Song: Lame choice, Up on Cripple Creek
Next Up: Bob Marley, mon.

No comments: