Saturday, May 23, 2009

Legend

Rolling Stone Rank: 46

Ok, First off, it's a compilation. So, I'm not sure it can be considered with all the rest of the albums. I've made this argument before (and yeah, I know I'm not the first person to ever think this), but if you feel like I'm wrong, please go ahead and explain yourself.

Anyway, beyond that it's great. And it's perfect for the weather we're getting around here, 75 and sunny. Reggae is so laid back, and Marley is so good at getting that mood. Now that being said, I don't have an extensive knowledge of reggae music. So, I can't be sure if Bob was the really the best ever at reggae, or if he's just the one the hit it big with us Americans.

I think the way the Marley moves past the stereotypical reggae laid back sound, is the passion he carries in his voice. Even though the music is so relaxing, his lyrics cuts through to get to the point. He sings the melody, but you can hear him shouldering so much more than that on every song. Thoughts?

Stats
Album: Legend
Artist: Bob Marley
Year: 1984
My Favorite Song: Redemption Song, baddddaasss
Next Up: Coltrane

No comments: