Thursday, May 7, 2009

Forever Changes

Rolling Stone Rank: 40

Well, I'll say this. I didn't hate it. I didn't really find anything to latch onto though. In the RS blurb about it, they basically called it the pioneers for folk rock. I dunno, I guess I hear it. Kind of my thoughts on most stuff that was done first. Cool, but somebody will probably do it better. That might be a bit harsh, and I'm sure I can think of some good examples of this.

Anyway, to describe the sound of this album...Think CSNY, but a little bit more sloppy. Same acoustic guitar sound. Even though the lyrics have quite a bit of emotion, you wouldn't know it. The singing lacks passion, save for a few moments. So, yeah. It's not bad, it's just not my favorite.

Take a Listen, Take Some Time, Post your thoughts

Stats
Album: Forever Changes
Artist: Love
Year: 1967
My Favorite Song: Alone Again Or
Next Up: Sex Pistols

No comments: