Sunday, June 15, 2008

Abbey Road

Rolling Stone Rank: 14

Well, Sorry it took so long to get to this album. Even though the readership is low, I feel bad that I wasn't able to keep up with my once-a-day goal. Anyways, with the school year finally over, and summer in full swing I hope that I can get back on the wagon.

So, The Beatles. As Rolling Stone says, this really was their farewell album to the fans. It is so well polished, so well done, just the epitome of what an album should be. Especially the second side.

For those of you unfamiliar of what the "second side" means, well you see before there were compact discs, music was recorded on vinyl records (and later cassette tapes). Obviously on this medium, there is only a certain amount of information that can be stored. But luckily, you could use the opposite side. It's pretty self-expanitory from there.

Well, the second side of Abbey Road may be the best constructed side of an album ever. Beginning with "Here Comes the Sun", the music flows together so well. And of course the last eight (nine if you include "Her Majesty") are known as the Medley. These songs blend in with one another, although they have no unifying theme. But musically, meld together perfectly

This is my favorite Beatles album, and probably the one I enjoy listening to the most. Named after the street and music studio, I think it is The Beatles at their peak. None of the songs are overtly political, all the member of the band were able to collaborate songs. And what is the produc? Pure musical genius. It just goes to show, when people put aside their egos and agendas, great things are born.

Take some time, take a listen, post your thoughts.


Stats:
Album: Abbey Road
Artist: The Beatles
Year: 1969
My Favorite Song: Oh! Darling
Tomorrow: Are You Experienced?

1 comment:

Kim Holland said...

fall off the wagon again?? i gotta get my blog fix, man, it's june 23 now, let's have it