Friday, November 6, 2009

Younger Than Yesterday

Rolling Stone Rank: 124

Hey, how's it going? Sorry I haven't written on here in awhile. But, let's be honest, the only reason I started this was as a way to motivate myself to work out. I'm happy to report that I don't need that extra motivation. In fact, and I'm sorry to report this, I've started listening to podcast while I exercise. You can thank Abdalla for that one, but I must say it works pretty well. I think because I've moved past the stage where I'm running during a song, and take the next song off. I'm at the point now where I can continuously do something for the entirety of the workout, so I need something that can keep my attention. It was basically a perfect storm of Abdalla telling me about it, him and Chris bugging me to listen to the BS report, and the return of Mr. Tony to the radio. Which, on another note, has just been fantastic. I really wish everyone in the world could listen to that show, because he's so damn entertaining.

Well, anyways, I did listen to this Byrds album awhile back, just haven't had time to discuss it until now. It seems like every night I'm just too exhausted to do anything, especially to think about dissecting a complicated album. Nevertheless, I did like this album. RS is right, it's sad what was happening to the band while they were compiling this album, and it just goes to show how amazing bands like The Stones and were. By that I mean bands that didn't break up, didn't go crazy with power, etc. Oh also, it's never good IMO when the best song on your album is a cover of another dude's great song. case in point, My Back Pages. later

Stats

Album: Younger Than Yesterday

Artist: The Byrds
Year: 1967
My Favorite Song: My Pack Pages
Next Up: Stooges

No comments: