Sunday, November 29, 2009

40 Greatest Hits

Rolling Stone Rank: 129

Booo, greatest hits. Boo, compilation.

Ok, that's out of the way. It's an amazing way to get to know Mr. Williams. And it shows a side of him that I bet you didn't know existed. In college, my friend Matt had a Hank Williams tape. Yes, that's right I said tape. Well, it was an old car, and he didn't have a cd hook up yet. And yes, this were the days before Walgreens sold fm transmitters for $20. Anyways, i rode back home with him once and listened to this tape. When we started our trip, he was raving about this tape, i couldn't believe we were gonna spend the whole trip with this "country" singer. But by the end I had grown a new respect for the man. So that's how I think you'll feel about this recording. That's how I think you'll feel about it. The man had a dark side too, I liked Move It On Over

Stats

Album: 40 Greatest Hits

Artist: Hank Williams
Year: 1978
My Favorite Song: Move It On Over
Next Up: Black Sabbath

No comments: