Friday, November 6, 2009

Raw Power

Rolling Stone Rank: 125

One more before I head off to bed. Fun ride to go on with the Stooges, this thing definitely gets your blood pumping. How can you listen to the Stooges and not picture Iggy Pop just going nuts on stage. It a strange sensation, when an aural experience is utterly dominated and taken over by such a strong visual experience. The only other thing that I can compare it to, is when you listen to a band that you've seen live. But I obviously never saw the Stooges, sigh. Another thing that upsets me while I listen to these albums, is just to realize that even though I'm hearing the recording they put out. I'll never have a chance to hear them live. And I mean live in the sense that I'll never be able to listen to them in their peak. That just is unfair, and not that there isn't great bands to hear now. I mean you could certainly make a case for many of the current bands, but none of them are really revolutionary. None of them are scaring the hell of out people with their sounds, or their ideas. Just not the same, and let's be honest it'll never happen again.

Sorry for these long paragraphs, I have this nervous energy going tonight. Should be a long weekend. It's been a year, this Saturday. I really don't want to start thinking about it. Because I know she's not thinking about it.

Anyway, I also bought the newest Weezer album this week. I like every song except for that rap number they tried to sneak past. It's a sad state when a band can include a song like that, and it's just another genre variation in the album. And not that I hate it, or that I'm going to boycott that album, or hell even say I don't like the album. Because I DO like the album, and it just goes to show how we've all assimilated. So fine. I really only have two options. Start writing and recording my own songs in hope people will agree with me, and make me rich and famous. OR, listen to RS top 500 albums, and bitch and moan about the state of popular music
hmmm, goodnight friend

Stats

Album: Raw Power

Artist: The Stooges
Year: 1973
My Favorite Song: Search and Destroy
Next Up: Talking Heads

No comments: