Thursday, October 1, 2009

Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

Rolling Stone Rank: 115

On a side note, I'm watching The Good Wife right now. It's pretty good, but that's another post...

I can't figure out how this album didn't crack the top 100 in Rolling Stone's eyes. In my opinion, it should be in the top 20, maybe even the top 10. Yes I know, the album wasn't groundbreaking. It wasn't an innovative new style, or the invention of a new genre. But I'll tell you what it was, it was the blues perfect. It was a man bearing his soul for an entire album. This was the first time Eric stepped behind the mic, and he did a fantastic job.
I really could listen to this album for the rest of my life, it's such a great emotional journey that Mr. Clapton takes you on. Oh yeah, and the guitar play between him ad Duane Allman is phenomenal. A must-listen for anybody and everybody.

Stats

Album:Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs

Artist: Derek and the Dominos
Year: 1970
My Favorite Song: Layla
Next Up: Etta James

No comments: