Thursday, October 1, 2009

At Last!

Rolling Stone Rank: 116

I'm on to Glee, an interesting show to say the least. I think people are excited about this show, because it's about a show choir. But I don't think the show is all that great, it's not that funny, and the music is disappointing. I understand that it's exciting to hear popular songs sung a cappella, but the sound it just so overproduced, meh.

Anyway, back to back heartbreak albums. Lots of blues and soul on this one, a great album that brings together the glory days of the Chess recording studio. I had never listened to any of her other songs, other than At Last, and I was really surprised at her performance in all of them. Lots of energy pumping throughout the entire album, she never takes a song off. Thoughts?

Stats

Album: At Last!

Artist: Etta James
Year: 1961
My Favorite Song: ummm, At Last!
Next Up: Byrds

No comments: