Sunday, August 30, 2009

Giant Steps

Rolling Stone Rank: 102

Great listening, and a huge step in the jazz movement of the late 50s. I listened to this one on my way to and from golfing this afternoon, which got me thinking about how much I love the weather we had today. It was a perfect overcast day today. Not cold enough to force long sleeves or pants, but I didn't break out a sweat once today. This is kind of weather that you think of when you're thinking about fall. The kind of weather where at night, you can put on a long sleeve shirt or a sweatshirt, but you're not going to be shivering throughout the night. It's the kind of cold where you can sit hugged to your significant other, without it getting too hot or uncomfortable. Know what I mean? Maybe not, but that's what I think of when it's like this. can't believe that we're getting this in August though...

Stats
Album: Giant Steps
Artist: John Coltrane
Year: 1960
My Favorite Song: Spiral
Next Up: James Taylor

No comments: