Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rejuvenation

Rolling Stone Rank: 138
 
Catching up on some Mad Men tonight, thought I'd put down my thoughts on The Meters' album.  I finally was able to listen to this about a month ago.  11 tracks of dirty, awesome funk.  I grooved my way through the whole thing, enjoying the riffs of Nocentelli.  And a different funk than the mo town style of detroit, this one included the driving drums similar to new orleans style jazz.  Or at least that's what I felt in the drum parts, the guitar and bass seemed pretty similar to the funk I know.  I'm unsure as to how groundbreaking of an album this way, but as we get further down the list we're going to encounter fewer monumental albums.  More likely, this is the beginning of a trend in the top 500 that is just a great album.  Just good music, that if you're a fan of music, this is one you need to hear.


Stats

Album: Rejuvenation

Artist: The  Meters
Year: 1974
My Favorite Song: Just Kissed My Baby, with a close second to People Say
Next Up: U2, wow a record from 2000!

No comments: