Monday, November 29, 2010

November Rain

It's raining tonight.  It rained today, and it rained on the ride home.  Normally I'd be down on a day like today, but at least it's not snowing yet.  So there's that silver lining.
Anyway, just one thought today
- Watched Glee this weekend, it was all fine and good.  I don't have a lot of complaints with the show, in fact I think it's a good thing to boost awareness music education.  Anyway, they did Cee lo Green's Forget You.  Nice music, catchy hook, Cee lo has a great voice, good stuff.
Sure, here it is:

Just wondering if anyone has a problem with the original title being F*ck You?  It kind of bothers me, it bothers me because a show like Glee knows that they're viewers are young.  Knows that the song has been a viral sensation, that many know the original lyrics, that's part of the popularity of it.  Let me be clear, this is not a stance about Cee Lo, sang a great song, and shouldn't be censored for it, but should a show marketed to young viewers choose that same song to perform in their weekly show?

Night,
BOC

No comments: