Friday, December 26, 2008

Bringing It All Back Home

Rolling Stone Rank: 31

Another Dylan album in the top 50.  I understand why it wasn't higher, but yet I can see why Stone rated it as high as it did.  I found nothing wrong with the music, but it didn't really hit me as greatness.  I invite criticism, because I really have nothing good or bad to say about it.  Solid blues from the man, and yet there were times when the classic "Dylan whine" just gets on your nerves.  
Overall though, its Dylan at his core.  If you like him, it's another album to put on the shelf.  If you dislike him, you find another reason to stay away.  Don't like this one form your opinion, but it's worth a listen.

Stats
Album: Bringing It All Back Home
Artist: Bob Dylan
Year: 1965
My Favorite Song: Subterranean Homesick Blues
Tomorrow: The Stones

No comments: