Monday, December 22, 2008

Blue

Rolling Stone Rank:30

Hello again, my computer was down again for a few days.  So, sorry to my hundreds of fans I'm sure you were on the edge of your seat.  Just kidding.  In case your reading this, I know that I'm the only one that reads these things, which is fine with me. 
The album I listened to a few days ago was Joni Mitchell's Blue.  Fantastic.  As I've said many times, the music that I respect most is the one that comes from the heart.  For me, it's passion.  That's the only thing that matters.  It doesn't matter the genre, doesn't matter the style, or really the era.  If you can feel that passion, that raw emotion, then you can really connect to an artist and to the music.
It's one of the reasons that I don't like rap music as much as other kinds.  I mean, yes, there are exceptions, from what I've heard about Kanye's new album, it's filled with emotion.  And while it's not the style people aren't used to, it's the emotion that draws you in.  The main problem I have with most rap is that I feel like the artist could care less about what he/she is doing.  They could care less about what they're saying, it's just a total turn off for me.  
Anyways, back to Blue.  I loved it.  It wasn't great to exercises to, but I listen to it later in the car, and it really came alive.  The emotion just pours out of every single song.  And so simplistic, so bare bones, I really enjoyed it.  Anyways, give it a listen.  Tell me what you think.

Stats
Album: Blue
Artist: Joni Mitchell
Year: 1971
Favorite Song: A Case of You
Tomorrow: Dylan

2 comments:

Kim Holland said...

ah so this would explain the joni mitchell away messages?

BOC said...

it may...