Sunday, August 29, 2010

2010 Emmys

Hey all,
Way earlier in the year I watched the Grammys by myself, and umm blogged while watching.  Some idea about not making it as lonely.
So here I am again, watching another award show on my DVR...here we go.

  • Loved the opening number, didn't like that Kate Gosselin was involved...
  • Looking forward to what John Hodgeman will bring to this night, I generally love all his stuff.
  • Props to Wiig for getting the nomination, she shines on a show that has writing difficulties
  • Wow, Parsons.  Really?  Is it weird that these comedy awards still seem to go to network shows, while dramas have shifted....as I wrote that Edie Falco won Best Actress, so nevermind.
  • Why do they even still announce the Reality Awards?
  • Drama featuring the end of two long running shows, Lost and 24.  Will either get a bump for their final season?
  • Damn the Mad Men music is awesome.  
  • Good win for the The Good Wife, not thrilled with her ending her speech:  "This is just amazing for my career"...
  • AMC just cleaning up tonight, Cranston wins his third straight and had the best line of the night: "I love you more than baseball"
  • Kyra Sedgwick?  I don't watch the show...but was she really better than JJ this year?
  • Bucky Guntz, man am I jealous of Justin getting to see Ricky Gervais next month.
  • Yes Colbert, using The Human Centipede in video
  • Yes, the Daily Show.
  • Ouch, her name is Catherine O'Hara
  • Clare Danes, still getting it done.
  • Really like this song from Jewel here, don't say that too often
  • Nothing for Lost, man what does that say about a show like that?  
  • Another wow, Modern Family.
  • Guess I'm surprised no award winner mentioned Glenn Beck, or really anything political, I guess that's more of an oscar trend, these people are just happy to be on TV.
Overall, good show.  Jimmy did a servicable job, wonder if this will give his late show a bump?   Allright, week two of school tomorrow, here goes nothing...

    No comments: