Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Wild, the Innoncent and the E Street Shuffle

Rolling Stone Rank: 132

People who love Bruce, love this album.  I am not one of those people.  I think this is mainly due to the fact that I was born in 1985, I dunno.  I kinda feel the same way about U2, for whatever reason. In pure Bruce fashion, all the tracks on the album are long and winding stories, probably the best known one is Rosalita, which by the way is my favorite.  According to RS, this album is where Bruce honed his voice and writing style, so I suppose these are good examples of his style.

If you like The Boss, then you'll love this album.  But chances are if you love him, you already have this album.  Ugh, i just re-read that first paragraph and it looks like a Chuck Klosterman starting paragraph, so I'll just stop now while I'm ahead.  Night!


Stats

Album: The Wild, the Innocent and E Street Shuffle

Artist: Bruce Springsteen
Year: 1973
My Favorite Song: Rosalita
Next Up: Notorious

No comments: