Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Bends

Rolling Stone Rank: 110

Couldn't agree more with the RS review. For all the shaping that Nirvana did for the early 90s, Radiohead set the tone for the rest of the decade. I really like the album, it was a lot of fun to listen to, great music.

Just finished watching Cadillac records, loved it. Even Beyonce, for those who don't know I'm not her biggest fan, was bearable in her role of Etta James. They seemed to stay pretty accurate to history, and did a good job of portraying the personalities involved. No idea why they left out the other Chess brother, but maybe he wasn't as involved as I thought. Hated that the movie ended with a rap song, and that the credits rolled to a Beyonce song, but other than that I really enjoyed it. Well, It's about that time. Night!

Stats

Album: The Bends

Artist: Radiohead
Year: 1995
My Favorite Song: Lame to pick the title track...but I am
Next Up: Joni Mitchell, it'll be tough to top Blue

No comments: